UNO Library: Faculty Liaison Job Description
- To assist in communicating, when appropriate, library material order requests from the departmental faculty to the library.
- To apprise the library of any changes in programmatic, curriculum or research emphases. Early warning is desirable, particularly for contemplated new degree programs or research institutes/centers.
- To work with their library liaison librarian in analyzing collection strengths and weaknesses and needed action. For those departments subject to accreditation, to inform their library liaison librarian in a timely fashion of what library data is needed for the self-study report.
- To act as a conduit to their department for information on changes in library policies and procedures, and the impact of changes in the library's budget.
- To orient new faculty members coming into their department to library matters, e.g., who their library liaison librarian is, how to request that a book be ordered, how to get materials put on reserve for their classes, circulation policies, etc.