The Earl K. Long Library has 5 group study rooms that can be reserved for currently enrolled students. Please ask for assistance at any public service desk in locating these rooms.
Reserved Group Study Rooms have: table, chairs, whiteboard with markers and erasers, wireless internet access, and a networked computer.
- Learning Commons rooms 1 through 5 can be reserved for the use of group study, projects, or related work
- A group is 2 or more students (rooms seat 6 comfortably)
- Reservations can be made up to one week in advance and must be made before 3:00pm the previous library open day. Requests made the day of will not be accomodated.
- Rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours, although users can remain in room if no one else has a reservation
- Groups must be in the room by 15 minutes after the start of the reservation or it will be cancelled
- Group study room users without reservations must vacate the room when requested by a group with a reservation
- Individuals may not reserve study rooms but may use the room if not reserved or needed by a group
- If reservations are made by individuals, the reservation will be cancelled, and individuals will be asked to leave the room
- The library cannot guarantee that a room is available at the requested time. Library staff will attempt to accomodate groups as much as possible, but there are no guarantees.
Other General Info:
- Group study rooms are not available for classes or organizational/social meetings.
- The library is not responsible for items left unattended in rooms.
- Any library items left in the room will be removed and returned to the shelves.
- If you are unable to keep your reservation or will be late, please call 504-280-6355 and accommodations will be made if possible.
- Keep noise levels down as not to disturb others. These rooms are not soundproof.
Please fill out the online form to make a group study room reservation: