Florence M. Jumonville, Ph.D.
interim Chair, Louisiana and Special Collections Department Office: Library 402
Phone: (504) 280-7275
The specific duties of my position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administering the Louisiana and Special Collections Department
- Providing reference services, instruction, and collection development for special collections and Louisiana materials
- Processing manuscript collections
as University Archivist and Records Management Officer
- Library history, currently emphasizing the history of the State Library of Louisiana and its role in library development
- History of printing, publishing, and bookselling in Louisiana, especially nineteenth-century New Orleans
- “The Role of the State in the Organization of Statewide Library Service: Essae M. Culver, Louisiana 's First State Librarian.” Library Trends 53 (Spring 2004).
- “Purple Passion: Ephemera from K & B Drugstores.” Ephemera News 22.3 (Spring 2004): 17-23.
- A History of the Louisiana Library Association, 1925-2000. (Co-edited with Alma Dawson.) Baton Rouge, La. : Louisiana Library Association, 2003.
- Louisiana History: An Annotated Bibliography. Westport , Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2002.