The Library as a Learning Space
Students learn in a collaborative environment that involves group study, collaborative research, instruction that fosters life-long information literacy skills, and educational and entertaining exhibits. These education techniques demand flexible, non-traditional spaces and access to an ever-expanding array of databases and equipment. Helping the library to construct, furnish, and equip study rooms, exhibit spaces, and other learning areas enhances learning and presents a naming opportunity. Donors (or those whom they wish to memorialize) are honored with a plaque.
Naming opportunities include:
- Group Study & Presentation Rooms ($250 – $1500 to support the initial deployment of needed equipment, such as laptops, projectors, laser pointers, dry erase boards, projection screens)
- Electronic Learning Commons (contributions in any amount to enhance and upgrade equipment, visible signage, and upkeep, including computer upgrades, additional signage, repair or replacement of damaged furniture, and aesthetic improvements)
- 24-Hour Safe Study Space (an opportunity for a food or beverage vendor to provide services, donating profits to fund evening staffing, campus police, promotion, signage, and aesthetic improvements)
- Student Success Center (an opportunity for large donors to develop a trust based fund that earns interest and is used exclusively for establishing and enhancing the Student Success Center, located on the newly expanded fourth floor; funds will be dedicated to equipment for classrooms, meeting rooms, and general assembly areas; staffing; furniture; promotion; and continued lifetime support)
- Exhibit areas (link your name with changing exhibits, drawn from the library’s holdings, that entertain students while educating them)
Please contact Library Administration at 504-280-6556 for more information on naming opportunities in the Library.