This service provides in-depth, individualized assistance from a librarian in identifying and locating resources for specific research projects. The outcome of a research consultation may be a database search, an overview of relevant electronic and print sources, or a conclusion to a particularly difficult inquiry. The research consultation differs form the walk-in assistance provided at the Public Services Desk in that the librarian is able to prepare ahead of time, and the session takes place in a quiet environment, without interruption.
All students, faculty, and staff of the University of New Orleans are eligible to use this service.
Appointments may be scheduled during all hours the library is open, including evening and weekend hours.
- Fill out the Research Consultation Form (At least two days advance notice is required)
- Bring a copy of your assignment to the consultation (or email it to the librarian, if possible, once he or she has contacted you).
- Please arrive on time for your appointment; report to the Research Consultation Room (Room 132) on the 1st floor of the Library. If you are 15 minutes or more late, your session will be cancelled and rescheduled for another time.
- If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please contact the librarian as soon as possible so that your time can be allotted to someone else and so that your consultation may be rescheduled if it is still needed.
- Go to Consultation Request form
- Fill out the Research Consultation Feedback form after your session with the subject specialist.